Devon Seafood + Steak is an established upscale seafood and steak restaurant that offers Downtown Hershey the freshest premium seafood, an impressive selection of wines and handcrafted signature cocktails mixed by bar chefs well practiced in the art of mixology. The service is seamless and the atmosphere offers a unique blend of the upscale and casual chic.
The Executive Chef is responsible for leading the entire culinary operation here at Devon. This includes hiring, training & continued team development. This position will oversee two full-time Sous Chefs and a culinary team. The Executive Chef sets the tone for the proper administration of departmental HR policies and talent management.
The Executive Chef will manage expenses according to budget and take an active role in forecasting and the construction of the annual budget. This role will work collaboratively with other operating departments to ensure successful execution.
Qualified candidates must be guest/team-focused, results driven and committed to achieving the highest standards in food quality, sanitation & safety.
- This position maintains ownership of the menu, specifications and recipes, menu costing, and food production for all stations in the kitchen, with the highest regards for consistency and quality.
- Prepares daily food production sheets. Follows recipes/mandates recipe use by all crew members. Uses resources and tools appropriately (Menu item counts, waste sheets, cleaning checklists, etc.)
- Schedule and coordinate the work of sous-chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to assure food preparation is at expected quality levels while maintaining peak efficiency. This role will establish and measure controls to minimize food and supply waste.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance sanitation and safety standards in accordance to the PA State Health and Safety regulations & HACCP. Inspects and ensures that all safety, sanitation, energy management, preventive maintenance, and other standards are consistently met.
- Responsible for hiring, training, managing and leading the kitchen and sanitation staff to include coaching, development of employees. This also includes administering and monitoring employee behaviors in accordance with company policies and guidelines & maintaining staffing levels commensurate with business levels.
- Engage staff by soliciting feedback and maintaining a visible presence both in the kitchen and dining room.
- This role will assume an active role in the annual budget building process and will: develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department, assume an active role in forecasting, manage discretionary expenses to budget and monitor equipment assets and smallware inventory to forecast budget needs and future capital expenditures.
- Participate in division meetings and conduct monthly department meetings.
- Participate and be an active member of the Restaurant Group leadership team.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of (3) three years culinary experience within an upscale restaurant background.
- Minimum of (2) two years supervisory experience at a Sous Chef level or above.
- Degree from an accredited culinary school preferred; A total of (5) five years of experience is required if degree requirement is not met.
- Must be ServSafe certified or willing to obtain upon employment.
- Must possess a valid Driver's license.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication & interpersonal relationship skills.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to create alignment, unified thinking and common purpose among team members.
- Sets the pace; demonstrates intensity; maintains a leadership/mentor presence.
- Must have proven leadership skills and be able to provide coaching and counseling to team members.
- Must be comfortable utilizing computer systems. Knowledge of POS systems, purchasing and inventory systems is preferred.
- Embody our Company core values: Selfless Spirit of Service, Respectful of Others, Team Focused, and Devoted to the Legacy.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Finger Dexterity Constant (>67%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Constant (>67%)
- Bending Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The work schedule for this position will be based on the operational needs of the restaurant and will include mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer