This position is responsible for kitchen staff management, food preparation, food safety, quality and presentation, cost controls, and overall culinary execution.
Job Functions(Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Direct and coordinate all food preparation, pars, daily sanitation, waste, and overall safety for our guests and employees.*
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.*
- Partner with the Executive Chef and the Front of House team through effective communication and operational development to achieve business objectives. Maintain a cooperative team environment throughout the restaurant.*
- Establish and control food inventory levels, food cost, labor costs, and other variable costs through effective ordering, menu planning, and scheduling.*
- Create schedules for kitchen staff to ensure optimum resource management and speed of service.*
- Comply with all food safety regulations and guidelines, and help develop programs for accountability and control.*
- Asst with interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, counseling, and retention of all staff members.*
- Assist Executive Chef on menu development, seasonal offerings, and future trends to remain relevant and competitive in our market.*
- Maintain equipment in good working order and submit regular service repair and requests.*
- Coordinate food orders, direct supplies, smallwares and other needed orders to ensure no disruption to our business and guest experience.*
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of Food & Beverage OR related experience.
- Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Post-Employment – ServSafe
- Completion of high school or GED
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Frequent (34-66%)
- Climbing Stairs Occasional (<33%) (ft maximum height)
- Lifting Frequent (34-66%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Frequent (34-66%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Frequent (34-66%)
- Stooping Frequent (34-66%)
- Bending Constant (>67%)
- Sitting Occasional (<33%)
- Standing Constant (>67%)
- Walking Constant (>67%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer