The Security Officer is responsible for making rounds both inside and outside of the DoubleTree Resort and the Café 24Hundred Restaurant by patrolling on foot and occasionally by vehicle looking for suspicious or potentially dangerous behavior. The Security Officer protects the hotel premises against theft, fire, vandalism and trespassers as well as the guests and property inside the hotel. This position will also be required to maintain the property during the shifts by answering maintenance calls and assisting housekeeping and doing light maintenance tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Patrols halls, lobbies, corridors, public areas, restaurant, bar, banquet and meeting rooms and responds to any type of disturbance, from a fire or unauthorized guest to a medical emergency.
- Officer responds to complaints of thief, disorder, and other disturbances within the hotel, restaurant and its parking areas. This may include contacting the local Police Department to give assistance.
- Responds to guest complaints concerning disturbances and problems with neighboring hotel guests.
- Confers with management, interviews Guests, Team Members and other persons when investigating disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalism and accidents.
- Responsible to assist in checking ID to prevent underage drinking violations by minors at the bar in Café 24Hundred; maintaining order and enforcing regulations.
- Notifies staff of the presence of persons with known questionable reputations, questionable alcohol levels or prior behavioral issues.
- Assists with completion of preventative maintenance work orders and general maintenance tasks.
- Must be able to remain calm in tense situations and be able to take charge in the event of an emergency.
- Must have the ability to resolve issues with Guests, Team Members and the general public.
- Must be completely well versed in the Emergency Preparedness Manual and understanding of the operation of the fire panels.
- Keep a log book of anything unusual or problematic. Responsible for completing end of shift reports.
- Acts as a liaison between enforcement officers (Fire, EMT, Police) and the hotel in emergency situations.
- Removes and/or warns unauthorized individuals from the hotel, restaurant, and parking areas.
- Answers paged calls.
- Picks up any trash seen in the parking lot, common areas, mulch beds, sidewalks etc. during patrols and informs the Front Desk of full trash cans or excess trash when/if necessary, so that they can inform the appropriate staff.
- Interprets company policies and enforces safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Due to seasonal or group related needs within the Hospitality Industry it may be necessary to adjust schedules to meet the demands of the business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2-5 years related experience, training or trade/technical school training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, License, Registrations
Valid PA Driver’s License
CPR Certification preferred but will train
RAMP Certified (Training provided)
Hilton Brand Standards (training provided upon hire)