This position is responsible for the strategic leadership of the maintenance operations and project management function for the Entertainment Complex. This position is responsible for proactive identification of process improvement opportunities and orchestrating needed change throughout the Entertainment Complex Maintenance Department and to processes and procedures in service to other Complex and Corporate entities. This position also has the primary responsibility of directing the planning process associated with all capital and major R/M projects undertaken by the Complex Maintenance Department.
Job Functions(Items marked with an asterisk are essential functions of this position):
- Lead proactive identification of process improvement opportunities, and orchestrate needed change in order to enhance efficiency of processes and service to customers and internal partners. Continuously assess processes.*
- Direct the planning activities of our short, medium and long-term capital projects; establish and maintain project timelines; identify vendors, contractors and manufacturers for use in projects and maintain contact lists; request project proposals and quotes from identified vendors, contractors and manufacturers; manage project approvals, contracts and payment terms and conditions.*
- Direct the overall use of the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), Champs, in order to maximize its functionality. Use data from CMMS to optimize work order systems, scheduling, data reporting, and other projects.*
- Direct the analysis of ride maintenance and operational data and present recommendations on potential new rides, attractions, facilities and locations. Utilize CMMS to extract operational data to drive strategic decision making.*
- Develop and propose department budgets. Monitor performance throughout year and provide updates as needed. Oversee tracking and reporting of maintenance capital project financial information.*
- Orchestrate department internal audits and ensure compliance with all applicable codes and laws such as OSHA, ASTM, Building Codes, NFPA, etc. pertaining to projects and maintenance operations.
- Lead the department managers, supervisors and administrative staff through effective hiring, coaching, and supervision. Oversee department functions such as staffing, scheduling, payroll, and tracking department training. transportation.*
- Establish and maintain standards for department logistical requirements concerning purchasing and inventory, storage, equipment rentals and transportation. Maintain lists of preferred building materials, products, fixtures, etc to ensure consistency and standardization.
- Ensure alignment and coordination with internal partners and maintain positive relationships with vendors, contractors and manufactures. Understand expectations and needs from corporate functions such as finance, legal, insurance, etc in order to provide accurate and necessary reporting to maintain compliance.*
- Actively participate in company, complex and departmental work groups to include OMCC. Serve as Department and Park Manager on Duty (MOD).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 8 years of Construction/Maintenance, Manufacturing, Amusement Park and/or related experience.
- Minimum of 4 years supervisory experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
- Proficient working with details on a daily basis for prolonged periods of time.
- Experience in change management and quality control.
- Experience in project planning & management and continuous process improvement (i.e., Six Sigma).
- Experience in Maximization of Customer Value & Elimination of Waste (i.e., LEAN).
- Experience in negotiation, quality control, data & financial analysis, budget management and personal organization.
- Associate’s degree – Business Administration, Financial Management, Industrial Engineering
- Relevant work experience can be substituted for education – 10 years
- Bachelor’s degree – Business Administration, Financial Management, Industrial Engineering
- Must have a valid Drivers' License
- Post-Employment – Ability to become a PA Certified Ride Inspector
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Climbing Ladders Occasional (<33%)
- Reaching Forward Occasional (<33%)
- Climbing Stairs Frequent (34-66%) (300ft maximum height)
- Lifting Occasional (<33%) (50lbs maximum weight)
- Reaching Overhead Occasional (<33%)
- Finger Dexterity Frequent (34-66%)
- Hand/Eye Coordination Occasional (<33%)
- Stooping Occasional (<33%)
- Bending Occasional (<33%)
- Sitting Frequent (34-66%)
- Standing Frequent (34-66%)
- Walking Frequent (34-66%)
- This job requires a good sense of vision (either corrected or uncorrected). Visual ability to operate moving equipment such as a car, truck, golf carts, etc.
- This job requires the visual ability to view work at distances of approximately 5 feet (operation and adjustment of machinery).
- This job requires the visual ability to perform detailed work at close distances (computer screens, accounting ledgers, using measurement devices).
- This job regularly requires verbal communication of detailed information to others either by phone or in person.
- Must be able to speak and read the English language.
- Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (Repetitive motion).
- The position is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The position is subject to noise. There is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- The position is subject to extreme heat. Temperatures above 100° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to extreme cold. Temperatures typically below 32° for periods of more than one hour. Consideration should be given to the effect of other environmental conditions, such as wind and humidity.
- The position is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The position is subject to environmental conditions. Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer