The job title may be “Prep Cook” but what we’re really looking for is a daily special developing food plating extraordinaire. You can handle the heat of the kitchen with a recipe for success that boils down to sheer commitment. We’ve got a supportive team ready to welcome you with open arms and an apron ready to tie on. They’ll get you seasoned with everything, including the kitchen sink.
Devon Seafood + Steak is an upscale seafood restaurant located in the Hershey Press Building. We utilize sustainable methods to offer fresh fish and premium steaks cooked on our wood fired grill.
If you think we just described you and your ideal environment, join our team, and help us dish out excellence to our guests.
The pay rate for this position is commensurate with experience.
- Responsible for preparing all food items according to prep sheets and standardized recipes with speed and consistency of quality
- Cooking, plating, garnishing, and expediting food
- Maintaining communication with front of house staff to ensure timely service to the guests
- Using safe food handling procedures
- Helping to develop daily specials
- Assisting with training
- Minimizing waste
- Ensuring that all work areas remain clean and organized
- Ensuring that all food products are stored properly
- Completing other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Average to above knife skills
- Ability to follow and troubleshoot recipes/menu items with little or no difficulty
- Ability to efficiently set up and maintain workstation
- Ability to demonstrate the outlet style of cuisine through food tasting and preparation
- Ability to assist Chef with maintaining accurate inventory levels
- Ability to handle average amounts of prep work and work 2-3 stations with little or no difficulty and minimal assistance
- Ability to work with position, supportive attitude, skill, speed and cleanliness
- Ability to exhibit proper food handling procedures in accordance with Pennsylvania regulations and obtain ServSafe certification.
- Pay commensurate with experience.
- Based on operational need, (including days, evenings, weekends and holidays) the working schedule may include up to 40+ hours per week
- Flexible schedule required, including days, evenings, split shifts, weekends and holidays
- Physical requirements include standing for long periods of time and ability to lift at least 40 pounds
- Must be comfortable working in temperature variations
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer