World Cafe Live is a nonprofit organization founded on the principles of welcoming. Our mission is to open doors to shared music and culinary experiences that create connections, inspire learning and celebrate who we all are. We are a place for music. We are a place for learning. We are a place for community.
Since opening in 2004, we have been a vibrant hub for independent live music in Philadelphia. We invite over 150,000 people through our doors every year, supporting emerging and established artists, creating educational programs, and welcoming audiences of all ages and abilities. In addition to presenting over 500 shows each year, World Cafe Live offers great food and beverages daily and caters over two hundred special events annually.
Shifting from recovery to resilience, we are now enthusiastically preparing to re-open this fall with a renewed focus on civic engagement, accessibility, and what it means to define a positive WCL experience for all employees, artists, and guests. As an equal-opportunity employer, we strive to create a space where you can bring your authentic whole self to work. We look forward to you joining our team.
A line cook position at World Cafe Live offers a great opportunity for a talented, creative, and energetic hospitality professional to bring their dedication and excitement to two unique spaces in Philadelphia. The World Cafe Live footprint includes both The Lounge (a restaurant and bar that accommodates 140 seated or 220 standing), and The Music Hall that comfortably seats 300 and expands to accommodate 650 standing. The Back of House team will oversee every aspect of food preparation for all guest needs during a la carte service and private catered events.
Line cooks will be part of team reporting to the Sous Chefs with direct support from the Director of Food & Beverage. This is a full-time hourly position with possibility for benefits.
- prepare station for full food service in accordance with needs of the event
- meet all standards of service for the best guest experience
- execute items as ordered as directed in training in line with all recipes
- properly break down, clean, and sanitize station at the end of service
- stay informed on current menu offerings and relevant beverage details
- maintain ServSafe certification and follow all Office of Food Protection Health and Safety standards
- support peers and management in providing the safest and most positive work environment
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Positive attitude, especially in challenging situations
- Team oriented mindset, with the ability to work indepenently
- Minimum of three years of experience in high volume restaurant service
- Basic knowledge of weights, measurements, volume and cooking procedures
- Ability to multi-task in a high-paced atmosphere
- Ability to stand for 8 hours in a row and lift 50lbs in elevated temperatures
- Must have reliable transportation to Philadelphia
- Availability to work flexible hours primarily including nights and weekends
- Appreciation for independent, small business and live music
This position will have a start date in person and on site at World Cafe Live starting September 20th.
Compensation: This is an hourly position for approx. 28-36 hours a week with a base hourly range of $16-$19. Additional benefits available with full-time status after an average of 28 hours/week.
*Please note that as of 9/17 we are asking all WCL employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19