The Smokehouse BBQ and Brews Shift Manager works to ensure a positive experience for guests by overseeing all aspects of the dining experience. They assist with the execution of daily restaurant operations through training, supervision and team building. The requirements include being well educated in the policies and expectations of the restaurant and managing staff levels based on business needs with a strong focus on compnay culture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and supervise the timely arrival of scheduled employees, be aware of unforeseen challenges like scheduling conflicts and see to it the business is adequately staffed
- Address customer concerns in reference to products, services rendered or employee interactions
- Establish tasks for employees to ensure a clean workplace, this includes stocking supplies and maintaining clean restrooms and public spaces
- Actively seek to resolve any concerns while adhering to the company policy and standards of behavior
- Train new hires on the standards and procedures of the company, from how to handle a negative customer experience to how to properly serve customers
- Oversee and administer tests to see that all employees have a firm understanding of company policy, such as schedule changes and calling into work
- Recognize outstanding employees for exemplary work and call attention to workers that are professional and meet their goals
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- A high school diploma or GED certificate is preferred
- Food handling certification and experience is essential in food service industry positions
- Ability to properly and accurately assess situations quickly while adhering to company policies
- Ability to work in the standing position for hours at a time
- Experience managing the daily staff of a restaurant or retail store
- Facilitate a positive environment and support a safe and productive workplace
- Proven leadership and experience managing a diverse team is preferred
- Ability to use company databases and software, as well as the ability to troubleshoot common software problems is essential
- Effective in prioritizing daily tasks while accounting for unforeseen challenges
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand the entire shift unless performing administrative duties. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; stoop; bend; shake, stir, and pour; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to sharp objects, slippery floors, smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity, and extreme cold. The employee regularly comes into contact with water, sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, and produce items. The employee is frequently required to wash hands. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.