Assists with production of all pastry food items as directed by the Pastry Chef or Executive Chef.
- Inspect food products from previous meal period and create prep list for upcoming meal period.
- Prioritize prep list and begin preparation of required items adhering to product quality, flavor, portion control and consistency within established recipe specifications.
- Communicate with banquet department regarding needs for upcoming functions.
- Prepare breads, rolls, quick breads, muffins, cakes, pies, and other similar bakery items.
- Identify and prepare retail orders.
- Effectively communicate with the upcoming shift regarding High priority prep or special needs verbally or in writing.
- Performs all tasks and duties as assigned by the Pastry Chef.
- Communicates with management regarding low and out of stock food items.
- Informs management of any line equipment needs or hazardous conditions.
- Maintain a sanitary workstation throughout the entire shift.
- Adhere to proper operation of all line equipment, chemicals, knife and safe food handling procedures.
- Adheres to all guidelines, procedures and established standards of conduct.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to work weekends and all major holidays.
- Must have 2-4 years of experience as a production baker in a facility with comparable sales and/or seating capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to compete assignments in a specified period.
- Ability to exhibit technical skills.
- Ability to produce high volumes of food products at a rapid pace.
- Ability to adhere to and maintain quality standards, portion controls, recipe specifications and product consistency guidelines.
- Must be able to lift up to a minimum of 50lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop and perform extensive walking.
- Must be able to exhibit well-paced mobility to move quickly throughout the baker.
- Must be able to read and understand written communication.
- Professional accredited culinary training and/or degree is desirable, but not required.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must be dependable and reliable.