ABOUT ALOFT PHILADELPHIA DOWNTOWN:
We are the next generation of hotel, using technology and design to enhance the guest experience. Centrally located in Center City and within walking distance to top historic destinations, Aloft Philadelphia Downtown is the beautifully restored Liberty Title & Trust Company building with a modern twist! A boutique hotel, our property features 179 rooms with scenic views, 2 meeting rooms, on-site fitness center, 24-hour grab-and-go eatery, plug-and-play hubs, and more. Team Aloft Philly is comprised of nearly 30 associates who are passionate about creating the ultimate guest experience. Working here is unlike working anywhere else!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
At Aloft, we promote independence, open thinking and open expression - which only helps you anticipate our guests' needs! That's what makes working at Aloft different, by design.
Aloft Philly seeks an enthusiastic, customer-service focused Chief Engineer to join its team. A master multi-tasker, the Chief Engineer will be responsible for the preventive and corrective maintenance of hotel property (interior/exterior) and the development, execution and follow-though of the hotel work order system. The Chief Engineer will oversee a small engineering department in this very hands-on, critical role.
The Chief Engineer will routinely work extended hours as needed (position is on call 24/7). This can include, but is not limited to, evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Ensure all required repairs and maintenance performed on all hotel equipment and assets as scheduled or requested by guests, housekeeping, and /or management. Duties could include HVAC, plumbing, electrical repairs, and furniture replacement and/or repair.
- Perform preventive maintenance on hotel equipment and assets per set schedule.
- Perform daily walk throughs.
- Develop and maintain effective work order and other paperwork systems.
- Hire, train, supervise, coach and counsel Engineering talent.
- Ensure all operations of Engineering equipment and procedures are understood and performed safely in accordance with company guidelines and government regulations.
- Assemble weekly and Period Summary Maintenance reports and identify and track trends in order to anticipate future work projects and costs.
- Administer safety training programs, including the facilitation of Emergency Response and Safety training for all hotel talent.
- Budget, plan, schedule, coordinate and supervise capital expenditure projects.
- Support environmental commitments by having the knowledge, skills and values to be a leader in the global goal of “greening” the hospitality industry.
- Maintain a close working relationship with talent from all areas of hotel operations.
- Educate hotel talent on health and safety procedures and policies.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of electrical, plumbing, HVAC and refrigeration.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of general repairs and maintenance.
- Proven track record working with information technology systems.
- Experience with fire and life safety systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal. Will be interfacing with guests to provide efficient and effective results as related to repairs and maintenance.
- Scheduling flexibility (this position is on call 24 hours a day). Must be willing to work extended hours as needed to ensure the smooth operation of the Engineering department.
- Proven ability to communicate and make sound judgment calls when evaluating problems and situations in order to expedite the resolution.
- Working knowledge of: Air Conditioning and Heating; Plumbing codes; Electrical codes; National/Local fire codes; Mechanical codes; Blueprints and Plumbing Schematics.
Aloft Philadelphia Downtown offers many competitive benefits for its full-time talent, including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, discounted hotel stays and more. Pre-employment background screening is required as a condition of employment.