Greet and seat all guests and ensure a quality dining experience.
- Ensure all tables are properly set before seating guests.
- Maintain seating chart for rotation of stations.
- Greet and seat guests properly and issue menus.
- Answer phone properly and follow all reservation procedures.
- Follow accurate cash handling and room charge procedures.
- Organize and maintain a clean service podium.
Full-time required to work 30 plus hours weekly.
Part-time required to work less than 30 hours weekly.
cheduled hours and days may vary based on need.
- Maintain an inventory of needed supplies.
- Ensure all menus are clean before shift.
- Be familiar with hotel facilities and their location and hours.
- Communication and hospitality skills.
- Ability to read, speak, and write English.
- Ability to answer phones.
- Ability to work with money.
- Must have excellent hearing in order to answer telephone and take reservations.
- Must have excellent vision to be able to seat guests.
- Must have excellent speech communication skills to be able to answer telephone, greet guests, take reservations and solve problems.
- Must have excellent literacy to be able to take reservations.
- 10% limited lifting - 30 lbs. clearing tables and buffets, pulling tables.
- 70% bending to pick up - general cleanliness.
- Continually walking at a fast pace.
- Continually standing 100% of the time.
- Climbing stairs up to approximately 3 steps 50% of 8 hour shift.
No formal education required.
One year cash handling work experience.