Paragon Foods is the premier distributor of fresh foods to the restaurant and food-service industry in Western Pennsylvania. We operate out of a new state of the art food distribution facility located in Warrendale, PA.
The Key Accounts Representative position is responsible for growing and managing key accounts. This role relies on strong relationships, so strong interpersonal skills are beneficial to managing multi-unit, national and program accounts. The Key Accounts Representative will obtain and enhance long-term key customers, maintaining strong relationships to increases sales and profitability.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of key customer needs and requirements; Apply knowledge of the field and product features to match products to the needs of key customers, including but not limited to new products, services, and enhancements that may be of interest.
- Answer inquiries from key customers concerning products, their uses, and the industry at large.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through ongoing communication and relationship management.
- Maintain customer accounts and records of customer interactions with details of inquiries, complaints, or comments.
- Ensure that company and key customer deadlines and commitments are upheld.
- Review and analyze sales and operational records and reports.
- Serve as a link between key customers and the company.
- Collaborate with internal departments and managers to confirm that orders are processed with accuracy and efficiency.
- Primarily set in an office environment using standard office equipment such as computers, phone, printer/copier/fax machine, and other similar equipment.
- Occasional exposure to refrigerated warehouse conditions where temperatures are between 35-45 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Travel to meet with customers or potential customers will be required on occasion.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn in all environments.
- Occasional exertion of up to 15lbs. of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field preferred.
- Five (5) years sales experience, preferably with key accounts within the food service industry. Proven ability to sell, build and maintain relationships.
- Effective communication skills and strong organizational ability with attention to detail.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Able to interpret complex technical, professional, or legal information and publications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences throughout the organization and externally.
- Able to understand, select, and use advanced statistical or quantitative techniques and principles (random sampling, factor analysis, variances) to achieve desired data or solution.