Located in the heart of Lancaster city, The Pressroom is nestled inside the historic Steinman Hardware building on West King Street. Our menu features creative contemporary American fusion cuisine and world-class cocktails. We are currently searching for an evening Line Cook to join our creative team. Successful candidate will be responsible for correct food preparation and consistency, taste and plate presentation as directed by the Executive Chef.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for correct preparation, consistency, taste and presentation of food as instructed by the Executive Chef.
- Respond to food complaints by correcting errors immediately to ensure positive guest satisfaction. Works with and assists the service staff and management to achieve this result.
- Responsible to limit food waste and reports spoilage to the Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
- Ensure that cleanliness, proper sanitation, and all ServSafe procedures are followed at all times as instructed. Follows HACCP guidelines for holding and serving temperatures as instructed.
- Assist Executive Chef with creative input and implementation for daily specials and seasonal menu changes.
- Responsible for proper prepping and stocking of designated station. Must be able to make a prep list and prep all items accordingly and to the highest standards.
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience working in a busy kitchen or culinary degree
- Must be able to work weekends
- ServSafe certification is preferred