General Manager and Assistant General Manager
Summary of Position:
Support the GM in the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve Front of House restaurant objectives in guest service & satisfaction, sales, costs, employee hiring & retention, food quality, cleanliness and sanitation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
- Must be present and supportive for servers and hostess staff and check-in with guests to validate service consistently meets standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Partner with the GM in making employment and termination decisions.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations in Front or Back of the House.
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of service, food presentation, safety and sanitation.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback and coaching to employees regarding their performance. Ensure both positive and negative performance is documented and communicated accordingly.
- Assist GM to develop, plan and carry out restaurant marketing, advertising and promotional activities and campaigns.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Schedule servers and hostesses as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
Skills & Experience:
- Have knowledge and experience in service and food and beverage, with at least three years of front-of-the-house operations and/or restaurant management experience.
- Possess basic computer skills and the ability to work with a scheduling, time and attendance and POS system
- Required to have ServSafe Certification and T.I.P.S. or RAMP certification
- Liquor, beer, and wine knowledge.