Oakmont Country Club – Oakmont, Pennsylvania
Few venues in the world of golf have the championship tradition of Oakmont.
Introduced in 1903 by designer Henry Fownes, Oakmont Country Club has hosted more combined USGA and PGA championships than any other course in the U.S., including nine United States Opens, five U.S. Amateurs, three PGA Championships, and two U.S. Women's Opens.
Oakmont remains perhaps the most difficult course in North America, with 175 deep bunkers (personified by the Church Pews), hard and slick greens that slope away from the player, and tight fairways requiring the utmost precision. Oakmont was the site of "the greatest round of the 20th century": Johnny Miller's final round 63 at the 1973 U.S. Open. Golf Digest ranks Oakmont #5 in its most recent version of America's Top 100 courses.
We are seeking part-time Servers to join our team! This position is responsible for providing exceptional Food & Beverage service to our Club members and guests. Previous experience is a plus. Must be available to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays. A competitive salary is being offered.
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Sets up side station and performs assigned side work.
- Provides immediate attention to all members/guests upon seating.
- Distributes menus when hostess is not available.
- Fills glasses with ice water; answers questions and suggests menu items.
- Takes member’/guests’ orders.
- Places orders with kitchen; informs cooks about any special cooking instructions.
- Assembles food on tray; procures items from each station as necessary.
- Serves meal; both a la carte and banquet style. Places dishes by courses (food may include shellfish, nuts, soy, dairy, gluten, etc.).
- Checks back to ensure member/guest satisfaction; replenishes water and butter as necessary.
- Removes soiled dishes and utensils (food may include shellfish, nuts, soy, dairy, gluten, etc.).
- Suggests and serves dessert, coffee and after dinner drinks.
- Verifies accuracy of prices, tips and other charges on all checks.
- Presents the bill.
- Handles all cash for cash bar when assigned.
- Keeps tables, dining room and bus station areas clean.
- Transports linens to and from laundry for daily use.
- Advises supervisor of any complaints as soon as they occur.
- Performs clean-up and closing duties as assigned by manager.
- Attends pre-meal meetings as requested by the Service Supervisor.
- Resets tables, fills salt and pepper shakers.
- Reads and understands party sheets.
- Writes bar checks immediately upon ordering drinks.
- Sets up and prepares dining areas and banquet areas for service.